READ SLICE STORIES

READ SLICE STORIES

Read humourous, poignant and informative blog posts from each slice. Have a story about picking your slice? Send it in! Click here to read more. A Story: I recently met with a client. She has been in her position at a hospital for twenty-five years. She was recently...
PICK YOUR SLICE

PICK YOUR SLICE

While the world is bombarding you with messages to find balance, I’m asking you to find focus. I’m asking you not to seek perfection or betterment in every area of your life, but to find profound happiness in one area at a time. “When we try to be all things to all...
TEN YEARS….ISN’T SHE BEAUTIFUL?

TEN YEARS….ISN’T SHE BEAUTIFUL?

I promise this isn’t a Mother’s Day post about how ten years ago a bundle of love entered the world and I became a mother; days filled with baby sweetness, and years of heart melting awe and blah, blah, blah. No, this post is about what I’ve dreamed about since that...
MAGIC MIKE AND A MILLION TURGID TOMATOES

MAGIC MIKE AND A MILLION TURGID TOMATOES

Ooooh yah. First, let me get the rating out of the way. I give Magic Mike XXL ten stars and about a million fresh, turgid tomatoes. It was the DisneyLand for forty-something married women. It was the Nascar of Penis; the Oscars of Pelvic Grind. This movie did not...
THERE ARE ONLY 3 KINDS OF BOOK CLUBS

THERE ARE ONLY 3 KINDS OF BOOK CLUBS

Recently a friend of mine confided in me about her book club. “Heather, I’m in a book club where you have to read the book and if you don’t finish it they are offended. Seriously offended. Your name goes a list and then if you end up on the list too many times, you’re...